DOODLES UNLEASHED..REDEFINE the Doodle DEMO & workshop
SEPTEMBER 15 & 16, 2102
Daniel Smith Art Store - SEATTLE
4150 First Avenue South |Seattle, WA 98134
I have a very limited in-person teaching schedule this year, so join me for this special two-day event.
Doodles Unleashed DEMO & Book-singing INFO
Saturday, September 15, 2012| 1:30 - 3:30pm
Join me for a FREE inspirational interactive discussion of the making of my new book Doodles Unleashed: Mixed Media Techniques for Doodling, Mark-Making and Lettering. This book is packed with vibrant colorful art techniques and projects in which I will take you on a creative journey throughout the demo...
- The demo will start with a creative talk about the inspirations and behind the scene’s of making the art and writing the book. This project has been a labor of love and I created all the art, wrote, photographed, edited and shot video of the entire book process..I will share a little insight into the book making process.
- You’ll be taken on a tour of the book and ideas on how to use it for your own artwork.
- I’ll share my favorite materials and the hunt for found and handmade tools.
- Throughout the demo, I will share a few mixed media techniques.
- Bring a pen and paper for a fun doodling jumpstart project. I will also have books, artwork and collage kits for SALE. Bring your books to get them signed.
REDEFINE the Doodle! Explore storytelling with lines, shapes and mark-making techniques from Traci’s new book, Doodles Unleashed. This 5-hour workshop is all about seeing things with new eyes and creating art intuitively with exercises to encourage drawing and doodling. Traci teaches how to use doodling as a raw form of expression and a vehicle for telling your personal story. Learn colorful background and printmaking techniques including spontaneous marks with handmade stamps and found tools. Then let the painted canvas inspire your doodles, scribble personal graffiti and explore layers of collage. Work with an arsenal of creative tools to find unique, intuitive ways to make your mark!