inspired by my explorations at the beach and my found feather collection..these beautiful materials make their way into my paintings and mark-making tools.
ideas for incorporating feathers into your artwork...
- head out to the beach and explore..gather feathers and take photographs
- use feathers to draw or write with by dipping them into ink or paint.
- create handmade stamps with feather designs using craft foam. this is a technique in my book Doodles Unleashed.
- place a feather on your surface as a mask/stencils and spray shimmering mists to create a print
- apply acrylic paint onto a feather shaped stamp and print the pattern on a journal page
- cut feather shapes out of collage sheets or construction paper
- draw feathers with Tulip Slick dimensional paint on a piece of plastic cellophane sheeting or freezer paper and print it onto the page
- stitch feather shapes into your art journal covers or pages
- convert your images into digital art by scanning or taking photos. Last year I redesigned my logo with a feather image.
happy art journaling...xoxo~treiC