Hi my lovely creative peeps! It's been awhile since my last post. I needed a break, I've been under the weather and am finally starting to feel better.
NEW directions---->After the past year and a half of brainstorming, creating, editing, writing and promoting Printmaking Unleashed. I just needed a break...a break from teaching, a break from creating, a break from writing. I was feeling uninspired...which really never happens to me. But I just felt the need to be quiet, to dig deep inside and just be. LIVE in the moment.
Some of the things happening in art + life...
- Printmaking Unleashed LIVE is underway and we have one more month of creative play.
- I worked on a big consulting project for most of the summer and in between squeezed in some studio time when I was feeling up to it.
- I've been experimenting with a few new techniques incorporating clay into my mixed media + printmaking artwork...feeling SUPER inspired! I'll share more about this soon.
- I've been on the search for new studio space, hoping to make a decision by November.
- My final BONUS lesson for LifeBook 2014 was posted this week.
- I designed a new DIY planner/calendar, testing out new digital product designs.
- working on my surface pattern design portfolio and NEW stencil designs
- getting outdoors to enjoy the beautiful bay area weather
- I've been doing a lot of soul searching, planning, brainstorming and decision making on where to take my business next.
new hand-dyed handmade papers made from recycled papers...
took a little personal time and self-care...I spent some time visiting my family in Hawaii.
taught mixed media workshops at Art Unraveled...
Making time to learn NEW techniques...I signed up for my very first ceramics/pottery class. I'm learning to throw on the wheel and hand build pots...it's such a fun and relaxing process. It's a lot harder than it looks, but I'm totally loving it! I grew up surrounded by ceramics because my grandma was always painting and making interesting pieces. Every time we visited, I'd sit and watch her paint ceramics in her garage studio. I don't know why I've never taking a class before..it's inspired me to push my art in NEW directions.
spending time with my LOVES...
savoring our beautiful backyard sunsets..taking time to BREATHE...
hope you are taking time for yourself..and exploring NEW directions...
with LOVE & light..xoxo~Traci