As you know my book starting shipping this week and I've heard from a few people that they have seen it in stores!! I would LOVE to have you participate in the virtual book launch.
To celebrate the release of Printmaking Unleashed, I would like to invite you to join me for 31 days of Printmaking Unleashed virtual book launch party during the month of July!
31 days of Printmaking Unleashed
Starting July 1st, I'll be posting one photo each day on Instagram inspired by the creative prompts. The theme of the prompts is all about printmaking and mixed media inspired by my book. I'd love to see your interpretations of them. It's super easy and fun.
To play along..take a picture in response to the creative prompts and post it on any of your social media platforms...Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Flickr or your blog.
If you post on IG, tag me @treicdesigns and add the hashtag #printmakingunleashed, so I can see your lovely photos. You can also tag or post on the wall of my Facebook fan page.
a little more about the prompts...ideas to inspire you!
There are no rules, these are just a few more ideas. I'll leave it up to you to interpret the prompts and put your own twist on them.
1. found printing tool: "look with new eyes" for items with textures that will make interesting prints. look in your garage, in the kitchen drawers, recycled items. artwork created with found tools, a basket of your favorite recycled painting tools.
2. monoprint: a photo of a monoprint, a gelli plate print, folded paper print, puffy paint print, tools you use to make a monoprint
3. hot glue stencil: a stencil/mask made of hot glue, a print from a hot glue stencil, a pattern made by the stencil
4. cardboard stamp: recycled cardboard print or photo of a creative way to create a stamp
5. flower print: can you creatively show us how you incorporate a flower into your printmaking?
6. carved stamp: show us your carved stamp creations or artwork with a stamp prints. give us a peek into you creating a carved stamp
7. color palette: you know I LOVE color..share your favorite color palette using paint, using a photo, create a collage, show a vignette in your home, create a flair tray
8. studio table: give us a peek into your studio, don't worry if it's messy...that's a REAL working studio :) show us how you store your printmaking supplies, your working space
9. art journal: how do you incorporate printmaking or mark-making into your art journal?
10. brayer: this is one of my must have printmaking tools..what does yours look like? show us how you use your brayer. art-making in the process.
11. pattern: repeats, grids, asymmetrical, random, stamped, hand drawn, painted...how do you create patterns? digital, photocopies, cut papers? how do you incoporate printmaking into creating patterns?
12. collagraph: create a collagraph, show a printed collagraph, materials used to make a collagraph
13. doodle: how do you make marks? draw or scribbles in your printmaking creations or art journal. what are your favorite doodling tools?
14. printing plate: sometimes the art of the surface is just as pretty as the print. take a photo of your printmaking surface..plexiglas, gelli plate, transparency, deli paper
15. black+white art: back to the simplicity of black and white. stamp with black ink, brushstrokes with sumi ink, skewer doodles with india ink. collage cutout shapes using black and white construction paper
16. stencil print: your FAVE stencils, artwork that shows stencil layers, a stencil technique, create your own paper stencils/masks, tyvec stencils, plastic bag masks, needlepoint stencils
17. free motion stitch: how can you incorporate free motion stitching into your prints? stitches on transparencies or Dura-lar, stitched cardboard or foam, stitched words
18. acrylic skin: one of my FAVE backgrounds to use for plexi printmaking
19. collage: show us a collage..of paintings, of photos, pieces of paper, magazine clippings, stitched collage,
20. foam stamp: craft foam stamps..show us a detail shot of a handmade stamp, a basket of your homemade foam stamps, prints from the stamps, a stamp in the making
21. digital layers: give us a peek into how you create mixed media mash-ups using hand painted art PLUS digital art. iPad paintings, images created with iphone apps, layers used in photocopies, digital photos printed then painted or stamped
22. silkscreen: a photo of a screen, a print from a silkscreen, the setup for printing, the printing process, inks and tools, handmade silkscreen, alternative uses for silkscreens
23. markers + pens: mark-making with pens, your FAVE pens, white pens, an art journal background a marker drawing, printmaking with water-based markers
24. painted fabric: prints and patterns you've stamped on fabric, fabric collage, art quilt, altered fabric, handpainted stenciled fabric, painted fabric totes or pillows
25. handmade tool: show us a create way to make a handmade mark-making tool, handmade paintbrush, handmade drawing tool
26. dimensional paint: monoprinting with dimensional paint, graffiti prints with puffy paint, textured layers on a canvas, drawing with dimensional paint,
27. feathers: painted feathers, feathers as a printmaking tool, feather stamp, feathers in your journal, a pattern of feathers
28. painted face: a face drawn over a stamped background, use a printed background as the base with a face painted with black ink, a collage of prints with a face, paint over a self portrait
29. hand lettered: show off your lovely handwriting, hand drawn alphabet, letters created from digital art, cut out letters from stamped papers, handmade letter stamps, printed words with hand cut letter stencils
30. relief print: create a printing plate, artwork from a relief print, a detail shot of the the printing plate
31. hearts + LOVE: what do you LOVE about printmaking or mixed media? a photo of a painted heart, a heart shaped printing tool, a cardboard heart, love word stamps
BONUS: Printmaking Unleashed selfie: take a photo of you with my book or the book on your studio table or on the shelf. :)
I can't wait to see all your LOVELY creations and photos. Remember this is supposed to be simple, fast and fun. Don't feel like you have to create new art for each prompt. Take pictures or use photos of art you've created in the past. If you are inspired to create new art everyday..go for it!!
Join in for one day or participate everyday. UPDATE: visit here for 31 days of Printmaking Unleashed FAQs.
I will choose 5 people from those who play along and post photos during the 31 days of July. The winners will receive a signed copy of Printmaking Unleashed.
Make sure to tag your photos with #printmakingunleashed. winners will be chosen at random from photos posted with #printmakingunleashed hashtag. I'll announce the winners on my blog in early August.
happy printmaking unleashed...xoxo~Traci
Get the book..buy a signed copy from me, Amazon or FW/Interweave. In the coming weeks I will be sharing more peeks inside the book and writing process PLUS launching my new Printmaking Unleashed LIVE e-course series. A new 3-part e-course and live stream workshops go LIVE in August. Be the first to know...join the list!